Thursday, May 27, 2010

Being in like...

Today, I found out that I don't like God. Im in love with God, but I don't like him. Our worship leader explained it like this: You know how there are those people that you just look at and you want to like them. And you go out of your way just to hang out with this person just because you think that there is something cool about them that you can't explain. Once you actually start to hang out with this person then you realize that they are as cool as you thought and you talk about them all the time. For example, this pastor said that he genuinely likes his wife, but also loves her. He said that some people that are married love each other, but don't like each other. They drive each other crazy but the only thing that keeps them together is there love.
I realized that my relationship with Jesus was like this. I loved him and everything he does for me, but all the praying and reading and all the other stuff drove me crazy. It seemed like so much work and I was just flat out not interested.
But from now on, I want to like God more. I want to go out of my way to hang out with him, and even look forward to spending time with him. When I do this, I wouldn't be able to go a day without talking about him to other people. Because the time that I spend with him will be the time I am looking forward to and planning around. Not only the most important time, but my Favorite Time!
In the midst of all of this, the thing that blows me away is that he already likes me! That he would give up so much and go out of his way to hang out with me for just 5 minutes. Because he knows that I am one of those people that he will want to like. And when I give him that time, he thinks to himself," I knew he was as cool as I thought he was." The bottom line is that God and I just want to chill with each other more often!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the beginning of a great relationship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got done reading Drew's last post...Funny how your posts mirror each other- God is up to something BIG in you guys! He's digging deep and making room for more of HIM in YOU! Love that. Can't wait for updates and pictures! Take care of Beth...she doesn't think she needs it, but every now and then could you just give her a hug because I said she needs it? Just say it's from me, then it won't be so weird and awkward, ok? Thanks. Love you!

    ReplyDelete