Sunday, June 6, 2010

Snow

Today, in the car I was kinda struck by and idea. The idea was that people in Gabon will most likely never see or experience snow. Don't ask me why I thought about that, but it all of the sudden hit me. What would I do if I saw snow for the first time? I would go bonkers! Can you imagine all your life without ever seeing, touching, smelling, and hearing anything about snow? Not that snow is that great but I think we take simple things for granted sometimes. Snow is not even one of our possessions and we take it for granted.
So as I was thinking about all this, I was looking out the window, and started to get this big grin. Because I couldn't imagine introducing any one of the people here to something like that. Something that would just totally boggle their mind. Prior to that moment, that certain individual could not even think of something like that. All they would have known is rain and fog. But now that they have seen and experienced snow, their whole outlook on LIFE has changed. They would expect new possibilities for situations. Why couldn't snow come here? Could we bring some here? How could I use my new knowledge of snow to help people realize that there are somethings on this earth we just can't explain?
It's the same thing as introducing God. Everything changes! New things are possible! And their mind would be boggled! Only because most of them have never imagined anything like him.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend,

    I hope you are doing well. We are thinking about you a lot! I've enjoyed reading your posts. You make a good point in "Snow" - keep sharing the things you are learning - and may there be a blizzard in Africa!! Praying for you, Sue, Halle and Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. remind me to tell you the story about the year my kids prayed for snow on Christmas Eve...it did snow, but I'm pretty sure only in Strasburg! It could happen! ENJOY Bongolo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monsieur Burchill!!

    How I love and miss you! Praying that God will continue to rain down his insights on you daily!

    ReplyDelete